Save the date! Merrill’s Annual Auction- Friday, April 17th
Save the Date for Merrill’s Annual Auction, the evening of Friday, April 17th. Merrill’s Auction is a fun, community-building fundraiser that welcomes all parents for an evening of food, drinks, entertainment, and, of course, items up for auction and purchase! Our goal this year is to raise $80,000 toward funding gaps at Merrill that keep our classes sizes low, while also supporting student programs such as STEM, extended learning, supplies and more.
Auction items can range from spa days to unique gift items to trips and experiences, for both adults and kids. But we can’t do it without your help! Do you have your own business that provides consumer products and services? Or perhaps you have a talent or skill for which you could donate your time? Ideas can include summer lawn maintenance, housekeeping, flower arrangements, event planning, babysitting – you name it! This could also be a fabulous marketing opportunity to reach the local market surrounding Merrill.
Our student body of 573 students is comprised of 69% feeder neighborhood families (Steele, Cory, University Park and Ellis) and the remaining 31% from other neighborhoods reaching into other markets. This is your chance to support your local school, while also gaining recognition and goodwill for your business. Consider offering an item for auction or even an auction sponsorship today!
Retail value of products and services may be tax-deductible depending on your filing status. Please contact Lisa Cervantes-Glynn with the PTSA if you have something you would like to contribute to the auction, are interested in a sponsorship and/or would like to volunteer to help with the auction planning: (303) 667-8725, email@example.com
Stay tuned for additional details as the event gets closer!
Please email PTSA to anonymously express concerns, submit questions, or provide feedback to our administration:
Click here to become a member!
The Merrill Middle School PTSA supports the school in the following ways:
Welcoming All Families: Actions for making families feel welcomed, valued and connected to each other and the school
- Host a FALL PICNICcommunity building event to welcome families and connect with each other and the school
- Assist and coordinate in a variety of All School Activities: PTSA Parties – International Day – Continuation
Communicating Effectively: The building blocks to effective communication between parents, schools and parent groups
- Assist in the weekly Coordination of the Merrill Website – Jaguar Journal – Social Media
- Facilitate VOLUNTEERS for Merrill as needed
Supporting Student Success: Encouraging parent involvement to heighten student achievement
- Provide and serve food & drink at school-sponsored SOCIALSin the Fall & Spring
- Fund tutoring services for students in need of additional assistance
Speaking Up for Every Child: Methods of becoming effective advocates for children and their education
- Researching Options for Grants and Alternative Funding
- Library Support – Student Council Liaison – PBIS Supplies
Sharing Power: Ways to share power between families, students, teachers, school staff and the community
- Manage the MERRILL COMMUNITY FUND, a giving campaign to raise general funds to assist teachers and provide students with additional opportunities
- Host TEACHER APPRECIATION breakfasts in the Fall and Spring
Collaborating with the Community: Resources for connecting the school with the community
- Support teachers and staff at annual INTERNATIONAL DAY, event celebrating diversity at Merrill
- Organize family DINE-OUT NIGHTfundraisers at local restaurants
Angie Swanson Lisa Cervantes-Glynn Jen Naused Erika Sabatos
President Vice President Secretary Communications
Click here to become a member!