Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Merrill Middle School!
As you peruse our site, I would like to remind you of some of the things that make Merrill such a unique school.
- A diverse international population comprised of over 30 countries. We have representation from every continent except Antarctica. Our student population speaks over 25 languages and dialects.
- Honors courses in all content areas and at all grade levels.
- Strong elective program for all students. Current elective offerings include (at every grade level): Technology, PE, Music (Band, Choir, Guitar), Art, Spanish, and Gifted and Talented enrichment classes.
- Diverse selection of enrichment activities, after-school clubs, and mentoring opportunities. Current opportunities include: MESA, NJHS, Mathletics, Tutoring, and Relay Program
- Strong athletic program – Flag Football, Softball, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Cross Country, Volleyball.
We are working this year to expand our community partnerships with local businesses, like the Young Americans Bank and Denver Chamber of Commerce. We’ve recently developed partnerships with Denver University, Junior Achievement and Metropolitan State College, who will provide additional enrichment opportunities for all students. We are also in the process of evaluating additional offerings in the areas of Technology (Computer Aided Design and Media Production), Music, Art, Foreign Language, Personal Finance, International Relations and Economics.
We are all very excited about the great things taking place at Merrill this year and next. I invite you to be a part of the discussion to enrich Merrill, your neighborhood Middle School.