Merrill Middle School is a learning community that promotes a culture of excellence through rigorous academics and a strong emphasis on responsibility, caring, and respect. We celebrate our diverse international population that represents over 30 countries throughout the world. We strive to develop in each student a love of learning, a sense of community, and the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in a global society.
The Merrill Creed says: “At Merrill we strive to achieve exceptional academic success through hard work and responsible actions. We exhibit excellence in character through kindness, respect, and the courage to do what is right. Our differences enhance our humanity.”
Merrill Middle School Values……..
- An academic environment that is rigorous and sets high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Instruction that provides personalized educational opportunities for all students.
- Curriculum that is focused on critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration and communication skills
- A diverse, international student community
- Student independence, responsibility, and a strong work ethic
- A school community focused on each student developing a positive self-concept, appreciation for diversity and a sense of belonging.
- A balance of academics, athletics and the arts for every student